Curriculum to Inspire
Welcome to the Curriculum section of our website where you can find out about the provision and opportunities provided to pupils at Oliver Goldsmith Primary School throughout their time with us.
We want our pupils to look forward to coming to school and to be bursting to talk about their day when they get home. We want them to enjoy learning for a real purpose and to develop their confidence, self-esteem, independence and a genuine love of learning. We want them to go out of the classroom as much as possible; learning in the school grounds, in the local area and beyond. We want them to learn from a range of visiting adults and to know how to make guests feel comfortable and welcome. We want them to cook, to garden, to make things and to experiment. We want them to visit theatres, galleries, museums and libraries. We want our pupils to be global citizens, able to succeed and build a fulfilling life in a sustainable and increasingly international society.
At OGPS we believe in “Inspiring a love of learning”.
Our curriculum is divided into different faculties, each of which is led by a member of our Leadership Team or Wider Leadership Team
- Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum led by Mrs Miller-Henry
- Languages Faculty (English & French) led by Mrs Dhall
- Maths Faculty led by Miss Patel
- Humanities Faculty (History, Geography & Religious Education) led by Miss Brown
- Science Faculty led by Mrs Ali
- Computing Faculty led by Mr Crawford
- The Arts Faculty (Art & Design, DT & Music) led by Mrs Palinda
- PE & Sports Faculty Mrs Polewczyk
- PSHE & Pupil Wellbeing led by Miss Beck
You can find out more about our curriculum for each year group by visiting the Learning Journey pages and/or class pages.
You can read more about each faculty area in the pages that follow...
If you would like a paper copy of any information found on the website, please contact the school office.